SomnoMed®, global leader in night time apnea devices, has chosen Uniontech as official partner for Italy.
SomnoDent Continuous Open Airway Therapy
SomnoDent® is an oral device used for mandibular advancement. It allows a very effective treatment for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and it is very comfortable for patients.
Starting from the formulation of the diagnosis up to the evaluation of the results of the therapy, the interdisciplinary collaboration between sleep physicians (pulmonologists, ENT specialists) and certified SomnoMed® dentists is essential for the successful treatment of obstructive apnea with SomnoDent®.
If a sleep-related respiratory disorder is suspected, questionnaires (Epworth sleepiness scale, Berlin questionnaire) can help the patient during an initial assessment. The diagnosis of doctor specialised in sleep disorders is still necessary to determine if the patient suffers from sleep apnea. If the diagnosis confirms that the patient is suitable for treatment with a SomnoDent® oral appliance, a SomnoMed® certified dentist will conduct all the measurements necessary to make a personalised SomnoDent®.
Note: Only SomnoMed® certified dentists and / or dentists specialised in sleep disorders can treat patients with a SomnoDent® device. Contact our laboratories for more information on how to obtain a certification.
Clinically validated, tested and patented
- Clinically proven efficacy in the treatment of OSA
- Recommended by insurance companies in many countries
- All the SomnoDent® devices are CE compliant
Allows normal opening and closing of the mouth
- Allows talking and drinking during its use
- No feeling of claustrophobia
- Allows the complete closure of the lips
- Discreet during use
- Easy to take on the go
Comfortable, precise and effective
- Incremental precision adjustment for a fine optimal calibration
- Very comfortable with SMH B-Flex
- High levels of tolerance by patients
Uniform distribution of forces on all teeth
- Improved tooth protection, as the forces are distributed evenly over the two plates
Custom-made quality device
- Maximum comfort
- Long lasting
Customisable for the individual needs of the patient
- Available with optional features to meet the specific needs of patients. Patients confirm the high efficacy
- 96% of patients with obstructive sleep apnea declared their will to continue using the SomnoDent® oral appliance.
- 91% of patients affirm to have achieved significant improvements in sleep quality with the use of SomnoDent®.